The Invisible Minority (YA Lit Symposium Session Resources):
Blogs & Websites (book related):
- Gay YA
- LGBT @ NYPL
- Malinda Lo
- Over the Rainbow Books (GLBTRT – ALA)
- Rainbow Books (GLBTRT – ALA)
- Alex Sanchez
- Goodreads (GLBT List)
- Lambda Literary
- Lee Wind’s “I’m Here. I’m Queer. What the Hell to I Read?“
- The Trevor Project
- It Gets Better Project
- Amplify Your Voice
- Youth Guard
- National Youth Advocacy Coalition
- Antijen Pages
- GLBT Near Me
- GLBT National Help Center
Resources for Advocates:
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network
- LAMBDA GLBT Community Services
- GSA Network
- Stomp Out Bullying
- Friends of Project 10
- The Matthew Shepard Foundation
- The Ben Cohen Stand-Up Foundation
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Human Rights Campaign
- Beam, Cris. Transparent: Love, Family, and Living the T with Transgender Teenagers. Orlando: Harcourt, 2007.
- Bertram, Corrine C, M. Sue Crowley, et al, eds. Beyond Progress and Marginalization: LGBTQ Youth in Educational Contexts. New York: Peter Lang, 2010.
- Baker, Jean M. How Homophobia Hurts Children: Nurturing Diversity at Home, at School, and in the Community. New York: Harrington Park Press, 2002.
- Gold, Mitchell, and Mindy Drucker, eds. Crisis: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain and Trauma of Growing up Gay in America. Austin: Greenleaf Book Group Press, 2008.
- Goldman, Linda. Coming Out, Coming In: Nurturing the Well-Being and Inclusion of Gay Youth in Mainstream Society. New York: Routledge: 2008.
- Levounis, Petros, Jack Drescher, and Mary E. Barber, eds. The LGBT Casebook. Washington: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2012.
- McCormack, Mark. The Declining Significance of Homophobia: How Teenage Boys are Redefining Masculinity and Heterosexuality. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Meyer, Elizabeth J. Gender and Sexual Diversity in Schools: An Introduction. New York: Springer, 2010.